Sage Business Cloud Accounting
Sage Business Cloud Accounting is the new name for Sage One bringing a better experience, new layout and new functionality to the cloud accounting package for samll and medium sized businesses.
A business can access their accounts data anytime and anywhere provided there is an internet connection. It is able to be set up with a minimum of fuss and is simple to use especially using apps such as receipt bank or entryless to automate receipt processing. The Sage One mobile app means that a business owner can do their accounting and invoicing ‘on the go’.
Automatic Bank Feeds
- View your current cash position and balance with this simple automated method of recording transactions
- Securely connect Sage One with all your online bank accounts for an up to date and accurate view of your business finances
- With a ‘real time’ snapshot of your finances you can make confident business decisions and spend more time growing your business
- Reduce time consuming manual tasks and increase the accuracy of your accounts – the software will recognise similar transactions and be able to pre-empt and pre populate your details
- Save time and money by allowing us to import bank transactions through bank feeds via our full package book keeping services.
Create custom quotes and invoices
- Provide your customers with professional looking invoices and quotes by adding your company or association logo as well as terms and conditions for payment. Choose from a variety of templates to suit your business
- E mail quotes or invoices directly to your customers from within Sage One or, if you prefer printed copies, export to pdf.
- Track full or part payments by recording payments made against an invoice or credit note to get a more accurate view of your sales position. You can raise credit notes against the invoice and record payment against multiple invoices and credit notes from the same customer or supplier.
- Keep up to date with contact details all in one place using pre poulated information created within the invoice details. It’s easy to see a statement of activity by contact to highlight outstanding payments
- Get an overview of key business performance indicators such as sales, costs and profit as soon as you login via the Sage One dashboard. Track your Top 5 oustanding invoices and keep on top of cashflow.
- Be confident that VAT payments are on time with the built in countdown to the end of your VAT period
- Sage One Accounting supports all major VAT schemes (including EU and Non EU), so even if you become VAT registered at a later date , details can be updated to reflect this.
- See cashflow status within the interactive management screen, giving you real time insight to your business health and allowing you to forecast with confidence.
Tracking monthly income & Expenses
- Manage simple transactions easily by quickly creating income transactions. Keep a record of expense transactions in one place and edit transactions when required. You can also view a snapshot of each bank account using the totals report.
- Straightforward banking and cash management; collate bank account activity via the recording of cash deposits and transactions in and out of your account. Add multiple bank accounts, document transfers between accounts and record both owner drawings and owner investments.
- Speed up bank reconciliation with the easy step by step process that automatically matches your imported bank statement to your accounts information.
- Allocate payments made or received to individual invoices so you can keep track of who owes you money and who you owe money to.
- Automatically record regular income and expense types; if you have a recurring direct debit (e.g. rent) or receive income on a set basis, you can arrange for these payments to be automatically recorded.
Produce advanced reports
- Sage Cloud Business Accounting provides a new level of flexibility with report creation, drill down and analysis. You can even export reports into multiple formats to enable further interrogation or overlay with additional insight.
- Profit and loss report; critical information to understand how much money your business has made to date.
- Trial balance; a useful tool predominantly aimed at your accountant. If you’re working with an Accountant who isn’t using Sage One (why wouldn’t they be!) you can export the information into Microsoft Excel®.
- Create and submit VAT returns online; Sage Cloud Business Accounting calculates your VAT return based on the information inputted. This information can be reviewed in detail to make sure you’re happy everything is included before being submitted.
- Stay on top of who owes you money and who you owe money to using the outstanding sales invoice and outstanding purchase invoice report. Data is calculated depending on the outstanding value and the length of the debt.
- Straightforward options to assess business assets; use the reporting function to run a balance sheet report.
Sync with Sage Pay & Sage Payroll
- Enjoy a faster way to get paid with Sage Pay; integrate Sage Pay and Sage Business Cloud Accounting to give your customers more payment options and accelerate cash flow.
- Do you use a mail order and telephone order (MOTO) merchant account? If so, take card payments over the phone or via mail order in a few simple steps.
- Do you have an online shop or are thinking about trading online? Sage Pay users can import online transactions directly into Sage Business Cloud Accounting without the need to manually re-type; saving time and reducing the risk of human error.
- Embed a “Pay Now” button into your invoices so customers can pay online immediately; with the receipt automatically recorded in Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
- Integrate with Sage Business Cloud Payroll and avoid having to spend time duplicating work. Your accounts are seamlessly updated once your payroll submission is approved.
Multiple Users & Companies
- Give access to an unlimited number of other users through simple to set up access rights that give complete control over what new users can see or do.
- Set up multiple companies (additional charge applies) so you can manage all business interests from within one single Sage Business Cloud experience.
- If you regularly trade abroad, you can manage your transactions in multiple currencies that are already built into the Sage Business Cloud Accounting software.
- Exchange rates are updated automatically to save time and give you real time profitability calculations for all activity.
- Overseas VAT rates are automatically accounted for in all of your different transactions – whether in EU or non EU currencies.
- Built in VAT help centre.
- Automatically validate VAT returns with the VAT verifier.
- Prepare & reconcile VAT returns.
- Manage electronic VAT submissions – accredited by HMRC.
- Manage Flat Rate VAT and VAT Cash Accounting.
- ECSL management.
Work closely with your Accountant
- We can now convert four years of data from Sage 50 or Sage Instant to Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
- Whether you’re using another software package such as Autoentry, or routing your data via Alpha Business Services, Sage Business Cloud Accounting can make collaborative working seamless.
- Save time and streamline your accounts production; because your accounts are online rather than paper, Alpha Business Services can view data at any time. If you have a problem, we can login and guide you through to a solution in real time.
- A personalised service; Alpha Business Services have our own edition of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, giving us added functionality to customise the service. We can also set up to interface receipt bank with Sage Business Cloud Accounting providing streamlined data entry done very efficiently and saving you time and expense.
- Buy via Alpha Business Services or direct; choose to subscribe to Sage One with Sage or let your us subscribe on your behalf and include the charge as part of our Accounting packages